- Company: New York Life Insurance Co.
- Job Role: Life Insurance Jobs
- No. of Vacancies: 100+
- Location: Hybrid, USA
- Salary: $28 – $33 per hour
- Country: USA
Best Jobs at New York Life Insurance Co.
Table of Contents
New York City Life Insurance Firm, developed in 1845, stands as one of the earliest as well as most reputable mutual life insurance companies in the USA. With a steadfast commitment to monetary safety and security and also a lasting point of view, New York City Life has gathered a track record for reliability and stability.
What sets New York Life apart is its focus on entire life insurance policy, which offers long-lasting insurance coverage along with potential cash money worth build-up. This approach aligns with the company’s commitment to offering not only protection, but likewise a means of building wide range over time.
The company emphasizes its common structure, indicating it is had by insurance holders as opposed to shareholders, allowing it to make decisions with the insurance policyholders’ rate of interests in mind.
Best Jobs at New York Life Insurance Co.
Furthermore, New York City Life prides itself on its monetary strength, continually making high scores from credit report rating agencies. This robust structure imparts confidence in insurance policyholders that their financial futures are in capable hands.
The firm’s dedication to customer care, detailed economic preparation, and also a large variety of life insurance policy and investment choices strengthens its standing as a famous gamer in the insurance policy sector.
Whether individuals seek to secure their liked ones’ futures or to cultivate a heritage of economic health, New York City Life’s enduring existence and also customer-centric approach make it a remarkable choice for those looking to navigate life’s unpredictability with a companion they can trust.
Life Insurance Jobs for International Student in USA
When you join New York Life Insurance, you’re joining a business that values job growth, partnership, development, as well as inclusiveness. We want workers to really feel honored about belonging to a business that is devoted to doing the best point.
You’ll have the opportunity to expand your occupation while creating personally and properly with numerous resources as well as programs. New York City Life Insurance is a relationship-based company, as well as values how both virtual and also in-person interactions sustain our society.
New York Life’s Summer Teaching fellowship Program for Summer 2024 is a structured, 12-week program beginning in late August and finishing in December.
Our actuarial internship provides:
- Challenging assignments and practical on duty experience
- Professional growth in the form of classes (actuarial modeling software, VBA/Excel).
- Weekly lecture series that uses exposure to various actuarial duties.
- An opportunity to fulfill NYL experts and NYL actuaries, including those in senior monitoring.
- A possibility to offer to an actuarial audience.
- Morning meal and also lunch with NYL’s Principal Actuary and various other elderly actuaries at the firm.
- Attendance in all full-time actuarial trainee conferences and training sessions.
- Private meeting with an Executive actuary.
- A Mentorship Program.
- Possibility of protecting a full time setting with New York Life.
- Funded social events.
- Participation in group volunteer occasion(s).
Placements are available in our NYC office, White Plains, NY workplace and also Philly office with completely subsidized housing provided for all places.
Actuaries at New York Life Insurance are proactively associated with many facets of the company’s procedures, consisting of the style and rates of products, the analysis of the company’s economic results, as well as establishing the strategic vision of the firm. They have actually earned the respect of both their fellow staff members and of our agency force.
We offer our actuarial trainees with tough actuarial tasks to subject them to the academic and sensible applications of actuarial scientific research.
Learn more concerning our teaching fellowship program below:.
A summer trainee’s task responsibilities hinge on positioning, and might include assisting with:.
- Establishing premiums and advantages for new or enhanced insurance policy as well as annuity items.
- Designing new products and item attributes.
- Projecting profitability produced by the firm’s items.
- Analyzing matching of possessions and also liabilities and also creating optimal financial investment technique.
- Evaluating the firm’s threat direct exposure as well as proposing methods to reduce threat.
- Doing actuarial study and also analytical evaluations.
- In junior or senior year, or a recent university grad, working towards a Bachelor’s degree with a certified college or university (preferred majors in Actuarial Science, Math, Data, Design, Sciences, Business Economics, or Financing).
- Prefer collective GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Flow of one or more Culture of Actuaries examinations (pursuing ASA/FSA designation).
- Strong composed and oral communication, and also solid social skills.
- Analytically minded.
- Prefer understanding of modeling packages, setting languages, and also spreadsheet/database software program.